Pathologists specialise in studying the cause of disease and the ways in which diseases affect our bodies by examining changes in tissue, blood and other body fluids. Pathologists, scientists, blood collectors and support staff work as part of a medical laboratory team. They work together to collect your specimen, transport your specimen to the medical laboratory, perform testing and interpretation, and report back the medical findings and test results to your doctor to assist with your medical care.
Western Diagnostic Pathology is one of Australia’s leading specialist medical laboratory and pathology providers providing a full range of diagnostic testing and information services.
Our medical laboratory testing services include:
- Biochemistry tests which examine the chemistry of various body systems such as the liver or kidneys
- Haematology which studies the cell lines in blood, eg red and white cells, and blood clotting
- Microbiology looks for causes of infection
- Histopathology looks at the structure of the tissues to find abnormalities such as skin cancer
- Cytology looks at individual cells in from tissues to find abnormalities e.g. PAP smears
- Immunology studies the body’s immune system eg. Allergy testing
- Toxicology performing drug screening and testing
- Genetics (Cytogenetics and Molecular genetics) for genetic abnormalities
Western Diagnostic Pathology performs medical tests and analysis that aid your doctor in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, and measure the progress or recovery from a disease. We have specialised expertise in diabetic testing, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, drugs of abuse screening and molecular tests.
Antony Street Specialist Centre
Weekdays – 8am to 12pm*
Weekends – Closed
Public Holidays – Closed
*Please note that opening times are subject to change without notice, please call 08 9339 3127 prior to arrival.
No bookings required, just visit the collection centre during hours of operation.
For more information, please visit www.wdp.com.au.